Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a wonderful bread machine recipe. I sometimes double it and make it in the stand mixer too. Perfect for pasta dishes.
- 2 teaspoons yeast (1/2 package)
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2⁄3 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup water
- Add all except the yeast and the water to the machine or mixer.
- Bloom the yeast in the water then add to the mix. Push start or knead in the mixer for about 10 minutes.
- If using a stand mixer, let rest for an hour( in a covered bowl), then mix again for 5 minutes. Rest an additional hour.
- Bake at 400 degrees till golden brown ( about 25 minutes for my oven).
This wasn't my favorite. I made it in the bread machine. It turned out more crumbly than I would like, and while the flavor of the garlic came through nicely, the bread itself was relatively flavorless.
I made this recipe in a stand mixer and made breadsticks out of the dough. They turned out great. Excellent recipe!!!!!!!!!!
The photo made me want to make this and I was really hopeful.However I found that the dough was very sticky and I ended up putting it in a loaf pan to bake. This makes a small loaf. Tastewise I have no complaints - it's very good.