Recipe by Phil Franco
An easy quick dish as long as you have some sage leaves. Serve with your favorite pasta. Add 1 cup of the hot water, from the pasta-cooking pot to the ingredients
- 1⁄2 cup butter (to taste)
- 10 fresh whole sage leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, lay in the sage leaves and heat until the butter is sizzling gently. Toast the leaves for 1 minute or so.
- Ladle in 1 cup boiling pasta water; stir the sauce and simmer for about 2 minutes and reduce liquid by half before adding pasta. Grind the black pepper directly into the sauce. Add lemon juice.
- Keep the sauce hot over very low heat; return to a simmer just before adding pasta
- Finish cooked pasta and sauce in the skillet. Off the heat, toss in the cheese just before serving.