Chris from Kansas's Note:
These delightful little morsels are perfect served with icecream for a sweet summer dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 1/2 ounces almond paste, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Line 48 mini muffin cups with non-stick spray.
- 2Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, sugar and almond paste until smoothly blended, about 1 minute.
- 4Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until each is blended into the batter.
- 5Add the vanilla and almond extracts and beat for 2 minutes or until the batter is smooth.
- 6On low speed, add the flour in 3 additions and the buttermilk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with the flour and mixing just until the flour is incorporated and the batter looks smooth.
- 7Fill each cup with a slightly rounded tablespoon of batter. Bake just until the tops feel firm and a toothpick comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- 8Remove from pans and cool on a wire rack.
- 9To make the glaze, in a small bowl, whisk the powdered sugar, melted butter, 1 1/2 tablespoons milk and almond extract until smooth. Add up to 1 tablespoon more milk if needed for the proper consistency.
- 10If spread on warm cakes, the glaze will melt and become shiny. If spread on cooled cupcakes, the glaze will be white and opaque. The glaze will become firm as it sets.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Almond Tea Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (942 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.6
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 35.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g