Recipe by HeatherN
From Williams-Sonoma. Can't wait to try it! Obviously if you don't have a frittata pan, you'll have to work something else out. Flip CAREFULLY. I might have to ask for a frittata pan for Christmas. :-)
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more as needed
- 4 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces bangers, cut into 1/2-inch half-rounds (fresh pork sausage)
- 6 ounces ham steaks, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion, white and light green portions
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, then stir in the cheese, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the deep half of a frittata pan over medium-high heat, warm the 1 Tbs. olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden and tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to the egg mixture.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat, cook the sausage until browned and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the ham and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, add the green onions and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the egg mixture and cook, using a rubber spatula to lift the cooked edges and allow the uncooked eggs to flow underneath, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking until the eggs are just beginning to set, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Lightly brush the shallow half of the frittata pan with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Place the shallow pan upside down on top of the deep pan and flip the frittata into the shallow pan. Cook, covered, until the eggs are set, about 6 minutes.
- Gently shake the pan to loosen the frittata and slide it onto a serving plate. Serves 8 to 10.