Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another church cookbook recipe. If you like tofu and pork, this may be the dish for you!
Make and share this Buta Dofu - Pork With Tofu recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pork steak
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Slice pork into thin strips.
- Heat oil in a heavy frying pan and brown pork well.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until the onion has softened.
- Add cubed tofu and broth and cook 10 minutes.
- Season with sugar and soy sauce.
- Cook covered, 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch which has been mixed with a little water and stir gently until thickened.
- Let steam for a minute.
- Add sliced green onion and steam for a minute or so.
- May garnish with chopped green onions just before serving if desired.