Another church cookbook recipe. If you like tofu and pork, this may be the dish for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork steak
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1Slice pork into thin strips.
- 2Heat oil in a heavy frying pan and brown pork well.
- 3Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until the onion has softened.
- 4Add cubed tofu and broth and cook 10 minutes.
- 5Season with sugar and soy sauce.
- 6Cook covered, 5 minutes.
- 7Add cornstarch which has been mixed with a little water and stir gently until thickened.
- 8Let steam for a minute.
- 9Add sliced green onion and steam for a minute or so.
- 10May garnish with chopped green onions just before serving if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buta Dofu - Pork With Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.5
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 126.6 mg
- Sodium 803.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 45.2 g