Recipe by Shazzie
I have served this to so many people who have sworn they do not like broccoli and they have ended up loving it! Very simple, only 5 ingredients, and keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days. The cooking time stated is merely to crisp the bacon - if you don't even want to do that, you could use bottled imitation bacon bits.
Top Review by PaulaG
This is a nice change from the sweet broccoli salad I am accustomed to. I used prepackaged broccoli slaw and thinned the dressing with a small amount of plain yogurt. Made for Aussie Swap.
- 1 head broccoli, raw
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise, use a non-tangy mayo like Miracle Whip thinned with a little milk (NOT salad dressing)
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the broccoli florets and non-woody parts of the stems into small pieces.
- Dice the bacon and fry until crisp and allow to cool.
- Mix all the ingredients together and serve.
- (Please note that the quantities given are just a guide and may be adjusted to taste).