Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Baked fish with a nice breaded coating. I used this recipe for whiting fillets and served with browned butter for dipping. This recipe is courtesy of Southern Living "Our Best Easy Weeknight Favorites" cookbook.
- 59.14 ml white cornmeal (I used yellow) or 59.14 ml yellow cornmeal (I used yellow)
- 59.14 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml dried dill
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 453.59 g fish fillet (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 78.07 ml milk
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine, melted
- lemon wedges (optional) or tartar sauce (optional) or browned butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Dip fish fillets into the milk and coat with breading mixture.
- Place fish in a lightly greased 13x9 dish or cookie sheet; drizzle with butter.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon, tartar or browned butter.
Easy and quick. I used it on some bass. stuck very nicely and had great flavor. thank you! i think it would be great on any mild white fish.
This was quick, easy and tasty. The whole family liked these. Thank you!
This was so easy & delicious!! Thank you! My first time cooking whiting and it was a complete success!