This is a simple beef keema with lots of vegetables in that my family all demolish. Borrowed from Best Recipes Aust/NZ - thanks Annalie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mild curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 500 g beef mince, very lean
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 (420 g) can chickpeas, drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander or 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 3 cups cooked couscous or 3 cups cooked rice, to serve
- 1Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion for 2 - 3 minutes, without browning. Add the garlic, curry paste and cumin and stir-fry until fragrant.
- 2Add the mince and stir-fry until the meat has a crumbly appearance and is no longer red.
- 3Add the tomato, bay leaf, soy sauce, carrots, butternut, celery and chick peas. Place the lid on the saucepan and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the carrots and butternut are soft.
- 4Add the corn and peas and reheat to simmering point.
- 5Remove from the heat. Add salt and pepper and check the taste; add more if needed.
- 6Serve on couscous or rice, topped with the fresh herbs.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Busy Mum's Beef and Vegetable Keema
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.0
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 671.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild curry paste