Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This was one of my Nanny's old stand by recipes. It is a very basic, no frills dish. Yummy and it couldn't be easier. Great with hot, buttered rolls.
- 6 carrots
- 2 medium onions
- 1 lb round steak
- 6 small potatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- Slice vegetables into one inch slices.
- Season to taste.
- Cut steak into two inch pieces.
- Arrange vegetables in a greased casserole dish; top with steak pieces.
- Pour undiluted tomato soup over top; cover.
- Cook in 375 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Yummy! I was put off my the tomato soup at first, but I'm glad I tried it.
Very easy to put this meal together and I had everything here on hand. I did use stew meat instead of cutting up a round steak into pieces. Had close to two pounds of meat and only 1 can of tomato soup so I added about 1 cup of V8 juice. Will try this in my crock pot too. Thank you for a good comforting dinner tonight!
My DH and I loved this recipe. It was quick, simple, low fat, comforting, seasonal and filling! My only amendment was the addition of 2 parsnips, as they were in the house. My DH already wants to know when we're having this again. Thanks for posting!