Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Where did I get this? My grandma! :) Nice jello/fruit type salad!! I suppose you could change the flavors of jello and change the fruit... I've always made it this way because , well ... if I didn't ... it wouldn't taste like Grandma's :) Cooking time is fridge time.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pint Orange sherbet (2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange, drained
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Add sherbert, stirring until melted.
- Add drained oranges.
- Pour into an 8x8 square pan.
- Sets up in 30 minutes!
Salad, not in my house. I made this for dessert and it was a hit, used sugar free jello just to justify making and eating and no one knew the difference
Didn't specify what size packages of jello to use so I used two 3 oz and it worked out fine. Excellent refreshing recipe. The sherbet gives it a wonderful creamy texture. Loved it, Marlene. Thanks for sharing.