Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I have always done this in the oven as a quick fix dinner. With the crock pot version, you can walk in the door, cook some pasta and toss a salad.
- 4 -6 bone-in chicken breast halves or 2 -3 lbs of your favorite chicken parts
- 2 (26 -39 ounce) jarsof ragu pasta sauce or 2 (26 -39 ounce) jars your favorite sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons tomato paste (optional)
- your favorite pasta
- Place chicken pieces in crock pot, top with sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook on high 4-6 hours or on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken to a serving dish, for a thicker sauce stir in tomato paste and spoon over pasta.
This was great!!! It was done in about 5-6 hours and it turned out perfect. I was getting really tired of recipes for chicken parmesan that turned out dry and tough. The chicken in this recipe is tender and juicy. Thanks alot!! Made for your Get Well Cookathon.
Fabulous dish Lorac! I popped it into the crockpot and it was perfectly done in 6 hours! Served over ABC Pasta shapes and if I could have taken the time would have spelled out Terrific with the shapes for your photos! :) Made for your Get Well Tag event July 2008!
I love this one. I have 6 kids and if i can set the food in after they go to school and not worrie untill after we have all come in it leaves the time for us to talk, laugh,and just peal off the day,without the worrie of how long dinner will take.