Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
One of our favorites. Great to take for new mom's or people home from the hospital.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the mushroom soup, celery soup, water, rice, mushrooms, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix all together.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and spread on bottom.
- Lay chicken pieces over soup mixture and sprinkle dry onion soup mix over all.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
Was very good! I lost a similar recipe that I had for yrs from some cookbook & was having difficulty finding one similar. Mine didn't use the onion soup mix, but had pats of butter on top of the uncooked chicken. I added my butter, which adds a bit of flavor to both meat & rice. Oh, and I added broccoli to the rice mix, at my husband's urging, which I've not done before. It was a very nice addition. Very good supper. Thank you for posting!