Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Beef-a-licious, easy, quick and inexpensive !
- 1 lb cube steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, quartered
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil over high heat and cook steak 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Remove steak with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In same skillet, reduce heat to medium high and add mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until onion is transparent.
- Stir in gravy, vegetables and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, stir in steak, remove from heat and pour into a 9x9 inch baking pan or casserole.
- Cut biscuits in half, arrange in a ring on top of the steak mixture and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until biscuit topping is golden brown.
This was delicious! So easy to make I didn't change a thing! Had this with a green salad. Its a keeper in this house ; ) Thank You Lorac
mmmmm, this was great! I didn't have any peas and carrots, so I used green beans. And i added a little red wine to the gravy to cut the saltiness.
very good! the only thing that i did different is added corn too :)