Prep 12 mins
Cook 18 mins
As the title implies, this is an easy preparation for healthful fish. Easy and tasteful, that is.
- 1 cup sour cream (8 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons from envelope onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fish fillets, fresh (thawed if frozen) or 2 1⁄2 lbs fish fillets, frozen (thawed if frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shreddedd
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease two 9 x 13-inch baking dishes.
- In shallow bowl, combine first two ingredients; reserve. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Cut fish into serving-size pieces, coat with sour cream mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- Place in prepared baking dishes. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 2-6 minutes until fish flakes easily with fork.
This was different for us as I don't normally put breading on my fish but we enjoyed it. I only used a cup of bread crumbs but followed the rest of the recipe as written. I did make this on the grill though.