Recipe by FloridaGrl
My husband, the non fish eater, loves this dish. He always tries to finish the whole thing, so "it doesn't go bad". LOL
Top Review by PSU Lioness
I found this recipe years ago in TOH and I've never actually made it until tonight. The entire family liked it. I did make a few changes - I subbed fat free Greek yogurt for sour cream and also added garlic powder, dried dill and a little bit of sweet chili powder to the bread crumbs. I also sprayed it with cooking spray instead of using melted butter. It cooked up great in about 15 minutes and it got no complaints! Thanks for posting. (Served with Recipe #206425 and green beans)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fish fillets (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray w 13x9x2 inches baking dishes.
- In a shallow bowl, combine sour cream and soup mix. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl (I use a pie pan). Cut fish into serving size pieces; coat with the sour cream mixture, then roll in the crumbs.
- Place in two greased 13x9x2 inch baking dishes. Drizzle with the butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese; bake 2-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.