Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband, the non fish eater, loves this dish. He always tries to finish the whole thing, so "it doesn't go bad". LOL
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fish fillets (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray w 13x9x2 inches baking dishes.
- In a shallow bowl, combine sour cream and soup mix. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl (I use a pie pan). Cut fish into serving size pieces; coat with the sour cream mixture, then roll in the crumbs.
- Place in two greased 13x9x2 inch baking dishes. Drizzle with the butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese; bake 2-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
I found this recipe years ago in TOH and I've never actually made it until tonight. The entire family liked it. I did make a few changes - I subbed fat free Greek yogurt for sour cream and also added garlic powder, dried dill and a little bit of sweet chili powder to the bread crumbs. I also sprayed it with cooking spray instead of using melted butter. It cooked up great in about 15 minutes and it got no complaints! Thanks for posting. (Served with Recipe #206425 and green beans)
Very good, very easy. Used tilipia and the only thing different I did was mixed the parmesan cheese with the bread crumbs. Will make again. Thanks
I originally found this recipe in the April May 2007 issue of Taste of Home magazine and it is indeed a yummy recipe! Now that I see it is already saved here on 'Zaar, I need never worry about losing my copy because I can always find it here! Thanks for posting this recipe!