Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Linda Larsen--Best Truffles is an exquisite candy recipe, from my Grandmother Clara via my Aunt Carol Sue.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs milk chocolate (or 3 cups milk chocolate chips)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Melt chocolate in double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. When melted, beat until smooth.
- Meanwhile, combine cream and half and half, and heat until scalding. Remove from heat and cool to 130 degrees F.
- Add warm cream to melted chocolate all at once. Beat until smooth and well blended.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until hard.
- When cool, beat with electric mixer until light and rather fluffy. Cool in refrigerator until firm.
- Roll 1 teaspoon candy into a ball and roll immediately into one of the toppings. Makes 36-40 truffles or approximately 2 pounds.
- Toppings: Chocolate or white confectioner's coating, melted, or chocolate shot, or a combination of cocoa powder, cinnamon, and powdered sugar.