Recipe by Cookin'withGas
courtesy of the National Honey Board, circa 1994...adapted and placed here for safekeeping
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄2 cup honey (Grade A, light amber)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal (All-Bran Complete Flakes preferred)
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk (organic)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease 18 muffin cups (spray PAM is great for this).
- In a small bowl, beat together egg substitute, honey and oil; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and bran cereal; let stand 5 minutes.
- Then add egg mixture to bran cereal mixture and mix lightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine both flours, baking soda and cinnamon, mixing well; stir into the wet mixture; do NOT overmix.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared muffin cups and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near their centers come out clean.
- Remove from the pan and cool slightly on wire rack before serving warm.
- Emminently suitable for OAMC use.