Recipe by Pinay0618
Starting with refrigerated pie crust, this no-fuss ice cream pie goes together easily, yet yields a first-class dessert that features peanuts as well as fudge and caramel toppings. From Pillsbury, in celebration of Pi Day. Cooking time is freezer time.
Top Review by Pneuma
These are so good! Layers of icecream heaven! I used chopped pecans instead as I ran out of peanuts. So nice to prepare and have them stored in the freezer for the ice cream cravings! Mmm. Thanks, Coffee lover! Made for Spring PAC 2009.
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (from 15-oz box)
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1⁄2 cup caramel topping
- 1⁄2 cup fudge sauce
- 3⁄4 cup Spanish peanut (4 oz)
- additional peanuts, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F Bake pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate. Cool on cooling rack 15 minutes.
- Layer 2 cups of the ice cream in crust. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of the caramel topping and 1/4 cup of the fudge topping. Sprinkle with peanuts. Layer remaining 2 cups ice cream over peanuts. Freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- Drizzle individual servings with remaining caramel topping and fudge topping. Sprinkle with additional peanuts. Cover and freeze any remaining pie.