Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This "Buster Bar Freeze" is beyond words, after tasting this at a friends BBQ last summer, I was hooked. I just recently got the recipe from her, and just couldn't wait until the summer to post it, but don't wait until then to make it, this is a decadent dessert for any season--you will love this! (Note: prep time includes freezing time).
Top Review by Merlot
This is to-die-for!!!! While vacationing out west, we had quite a few pot luck dinners and I prepare this for the gang. THE CROWD WENT WILD! I loved the fact that it can be made ahead of time and just pulled from the freezer and serve. Thanks, Kittencal, for sharing this. It's a GREAT find.
- 1 (1 lb) bag Oreo cookies
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, semi-soft (just enough to spread)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (385 ml) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup solid butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 -3 cups Cool Whip, frozen topping thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a processor or a blender, crush the Oreo cookies.
- Mix the crushed cookies with the 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Press all, (but reserve 3/4 cup of crushed cookies for the top), in the bottom of baking pan; freeze in the freezer for half an hour, or until solid.
- Remove from freezer and spread the softened ice cream over crust; sprinkle pecans over the ice cream; freeze until solid.
- In a heavy saucepan, mix evaporated milk, 1/2 cup solid butter, chocolate chips and powdered (icing) sugar; bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly; boil for 8 minutes, remove from heat, cool to lukewarm (almost room temperature).
- Remove the baking pan from the freezer and pour over the nuts; freeze again.
- Spread Cool Whip topping over frozen mixture in pan, then sprinkle with the reserved crushed cookies.
- Keep frozen until 5 minutes before serving.