1/1 Photo of Buster Bar Dessert (Ice Cream Cake)
This frozen sweet treat is so rich and delicious. It has become a very requested cake for birthdays and special occasions. There are never any leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30-32 Oreo cookies, filling removed and cookies crushed into crumbs
- 78.07 ml butter, melted
- 1892.5 ml vanilla ice cream, softened (I use Kemp's)
- 354.88 ml salted Spanish peanuts
- 118.29 ml butter
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 236.59 ml evaporated milk
- 177.44 ml milk chocolate chips
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 226.79 g Cool Whip, thawed
- 1Combine cookie crumbs with the melted butter till well coated.
- 2Press into bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 3Place in freezer 15 minutes.
- 4Spread the softened vanilla ice cream over the chilled cookie crust.
- 5Sprinkle salted Spanish peanuts evenly over ice cream.
- 6Place cake back into freezer.
- 7For the chocolate fudge sauce melt butter over medium heat with powdered sugar and evaporated milk.
- 8When melted add chips and whisk till smooth.
- 9Let come to a boil; boil 8 minutes whisking occasionally till thickened. (make sure to watch boiling sauce carefully so it does not boil over).
- 10Take off heat and and whisk in vanilla.
- 11Let cool to room temperature. (may place pan of chocolate sauce into a large bowl with ice to chill down faster).
- 12When cooled pour chocolate sauce over top of ice cream and peanuts.
- 13Freeze 15 minutes.
- 14Carefully frost top of cake with Cool Whip and garnish with extra peanuts (may also reserve 1/4 cup of chocolate fudge sauce to drizzle for garnish as well).
- 15Cover with tin foil and freeze overnight.
- 16Let sit out 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buster Bar Dessert (Ice Cream Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 191.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g