Prep 2 hrs
Cook 24 hrs
This frozen sweet treat is so rich and delicious. It has become a very requested cake for birthdays and special occasions. There are never any leftovers!
- 30 -32 Oreo cookies, filling removed and cookies crushed into crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened (I use Kemp's)
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted Spanish peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- Combine cookie crumbs with the melted butter till well coated.
- Press into bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Place in freezer 15 minutes.
- Spread the softened vanilla ice cream over the chilled cookie crust.
- Sprinkle salted Spanish peanuts evenly over ice cream.
- Place cake back into freezer.
- For the chocolate fudge sauce melt butter over medium heat with powdered sugar and evaporated milk.
- When melted add chips and whisk till smooth.
- Let come to a boil; boil 8 minutes whisking occasionally till thickened. (make sure to watch boiling sauce carefully so it does not boil over).
- Take off heat and and whisk in vanilla.
- Let cool to room temperature. (may place pan of chocolate sauce into a large bowl with ice to chill down faster).
- When cooled pour chocolate sauce over top of ice cream and peanuts.
- Freeze 15 minutes.
- Carefully frost top of cake with Cool Whip and garnish with extra peanuts (may also reserve 1/4 cup of chocolate fudge sauce to drizzle for garnish as well).
- Cover with tin foil and freeze overnight.
- Let sit out 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Quite good! I used light butter, slow-churned ice cream, lowfat evaporated milk, and lowfat Cool Whip. All of my guests enjoyed it, though the kids didn't like the peanuts in it.