1/1 Photo of Buster Bar Dessert
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is my favorite dessert. This recipe came from my boyfriend's Mom. The cook time listed is actually the approximate freeze time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package Oreo cookies (crushed)
- 1/2 cup butter
Ice Cream Layer
- 1Cookie Crust: Crush 1 pkg of Oreo cookies and mix in melted butter.
- 2Press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan.
- 4Ice Cream Layer: Cut square sized vanilla ice cream into equal strips.
- 5Layer ice cream on top of cookie crust.
- 6Press salted peanuts into ice cream (optional).
- 8Topping: For approximately 8 minutes, gently boil semi-sweet chocolate chips, powdered sugar, butter and evaporated milk together.
- 9After boiling, stir in 1 tsp vanilla.
- 10Let the chocolate cool and pour over ice cream layer.
- 12After chocolate layer is frozen, cut into squares to serve!
- 13(You may have to let it sit on the counter for a while to thaw slightly before cutting).
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buster Bar Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 946.8
- Calories from Fat 521
- Total Fat 57.9 g
- Saturated Fat 32.2 g
- Cholesterol 132.7 mg
- Sodium 680.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 71.6 g
- Protein 12.2 g