Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is my favorite dessert. This recipe came from my boyfriend's Mom. The cook time listed is actually the approximate freeze time.
- Cookie Crust: Crush 1 pkg of Oreo cookies and mix in melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan.
- Ice Cream Layer: Cut square sized vanilla ice cream into equal strips.
- Layer ice cream on top of cookie crust.
- Press salted peanuts into ice cream (optional).
- Topping: For approximately 8 minutes, gently boil semi-sweet chocolate chips, powdered sugar, butter and evaporated milk together.
- After boiling, stir in 1 tsp vanilla.
- Let the chocolate cool and pour over ice cream layer.
- After chocolate layer is frozen, cut into squares to serve!
- (You may have to let it sit on the counter for a while to thaw slightly before cutting).
I love this dessert and it's always a hit when I bring it to functions! An easy, quick tip: use a big jar of Hershey's Hot Fudge instead of making the topping from "scratch". Very quick and tastes awesome!
Ohmygosh! This is so wonderful. I love the crunch of the peanuts and the chocolate sauce is to die for. I made it a second time and used Hersheys Hot fudge as someone suggested and that was great too! I think next I'll make it with caramel fudge topping. Mmmmmmm