Recipe by SuzieQue
Just like those yummy buster bars at the Dairy Queen.
Top Review by Debbb
This is delicious! I made it for a retirement get-together at work & people raved. The chocolate sauce ended up an odd texture, though - after being in the freezer, it was chewy & didn't really adhere to the ice-cream. I didn't really think this dessert tasted like buster bars. I wanted to put a layer of nuts & chocolate on the crust & on the top of the ice-cream but didn't have enough sauce.
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) package Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups Spanish peanuts
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine confec.
- sugar, evap.
- milk, choc.
- chips and 1/2 c.
- Boil 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add vanilla and cool.
- Combine crushed cookies and 1/2 c.
- melted butter.
- Pat into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Freeze until firm.
- Sprinkle peanuts over cookie crust.
- Spread softened ice cream over peanuts and cover with cooled chocolate mixture.
- Freeze until ready to serve.