Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
What i am famous for at any family / friend get together. let's just say i can't show up without it. some people love it warm and some love it cold, either way it is awesome!!
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sweet relish (rodenberry's)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup celery (thinly chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup red onion (thinly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- Peel and dice potatoes, put in large pot of water, bring to a boil, cook approx, 20 to 30 minutes. drain right away and let cool.
- put eggs in a small pot of water, put 3tsp. salt in water,(this will help with peeling them)bring to a medium boil for 5 to 7 minutes. drain, let cool, peel and chop.
- in a large bowl combine, thinly chopped onion, celery, mayonaise, mustard, relish, salt and pepper. mix together all ingredients.
- add cooked, diced potatoes, and chopped eggs. stir well, but not so much to damage the diced potatoes. serve warm or chilled.
- also please note this recipe is just as awesome if you replace the potatoes with any shaped cooked pasta.
I loved this recipe!! I was looking for something close to what my Great-Grandmother used to make and this was about as close as I can get! I had to add a little more relish and mustard than what it called for to get the taste I wanted but overall this is a wonderful recipe!! I got compliments from everyone who tried it, thank you!! :)
Very Good Potato salad. Just like what I make. Served with Easter Dinnner and was tagged for the Easter Egg Hunt Tag game 2009. Thanks for posting.