I never realized my mom had something special with her homemade baked beans until I got older and tasted the inlaws, and other restaurants version of baked beans. I have yet to find anyone that can duplicate or make better. so I hope you enjoy it as much as we have. Also if you add whole or sliced hot dogs, you will have awesome homemade beenie weenies. (Southern slang for hotdogs and beans)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees, use large baking dish. Be sure to foil line and parchment paper line with non stick spray on the parchment paper ( this is for easy clean up and the parchment lining is for non metal taste).
- mix all the above ingredients together in a large bowl, pour into baking dish, bake covered with once again, parchment paper then aluminum foil.
- bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- before removing cover, let stand approximately 20 minutes due to dangerous heat. remove cover, stir and let stand another 10 minutes, this allows the sauce to thicken.
- Great hot or cold.
- If preparing this as a main dish, just add one pack of good name brand, beef hot dogs (such as Boar's Head) before baking and you will have a great main dish called "Beenie Weenies".
These are really great!!! I made the recipe 3/4 and it still made a full 9X13 pan. I will make these again for sure. Thanks DIAMONDGIRL for sharing a great recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2007