Recipe by 2Bleu
From Angela Gray of Bristol TN, at justapinch.com, put here for safe keeping. Can't wait to try it, as butter is my favorite food, lol!
Top Review by mandabears
I saw this recipe and did make it, it is actually one of the first cakes i have from scratch in a LONG time. It was very, very, very moist and buttery and rich. not too hard to make and great to eat. i served it with a lot of fresh berries and real home made whipped cream. i will be making this in the future. glad to hear that butter is your favorite flavor. it comes in second for me, bacon is #1.
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 Farenheit.Grease and flour a bundt pan. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! SPRAYING IS NOT ENOUGH ! TAKE THE TIME TO FLOUR IT OR IT WILL STICK !
- In a stand mixer bowl combine the cake flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda and mix to combine.
- Add the buttermilk, butter, vanilla and almond extract and eggs. Mix well. Do not over beat, mix just until ingredients are combined. Should take about three minutes. Over beating can cause the cake to be tough.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours or until cake tester comes out clean. Do not overbake! *TIP Baking times depend on many factors so start testing for doneness after 50 minute Depending on pan size and oven temperature variances you could under or over bake. Meanwhile, make the glaze.
- GLAZE INSTRUCTIONS: Combine all the ingredients, except vanilla, in a sauce pan. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat . Stir in vanilla, set aside to slightly cool.
- Remove cake from oven and (still in pan) pierce the hot cake with fork tines or a bamboo skewer. Pour half the glaze slowly over the cake.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minute then flip out onto a cake plate. Pour the remaining sauce over the cake. Refrigerate any leftovers.