Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
Every island in the Caribbean has its own "special" drink, and here in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, it is the "Bushwacker." Every bartender on island knows how to make them, and there are some variations, but this is the standard recipe. Tastes just like a chocolate milkshake...but be careful! It ain't no milkshake! Ever heard of a "virgin" drink? A "virgin" Bushwacker is a glass of ICE!! Haha! Multiply ingredients by the number of drinks you want. This recipe will make one drink.
- 1⁄2 ounce rum (Cruzan is the best, but use whatever brand you have)
- 1⁄2 ounce vodka (any brand)
- 1⁄2 ounce Baileys Irish Cream (or a similar off-brand name)
- 1⁄2 ounce Kahlua (or a coffee flavored off-brand name)
- 1⁄2 ounce amaretto liqueur (any brand)
- 1⁄2 ounce chococo chocolate-flavored liqueur
- 1⁄2 ounce Frangelico (I recommend it) (optional)
- 1⁄2 ounce creme de coconut (a MUST - "Coco Lopez" is best)
- 1 cup crushed ice (more or less to make the proper consistency)
- 3 dashes of grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Put everything, except nutmeg, whipped cream and cherries in a blender and use enough ice that when blended will be the consistency of a milkshake.
- Blend, pour into glasses, and top with whipped cream, a cherry, and a couple dashes of grated nutmeg.
- But use caution!
- They taste like there is no alcohol in them and most people have a tendency to get"bushwacked!"
Oh and I meant to put 5 stars. =] Delicious
Dude I am soo happy that you posted this drink. We went to the Virgin Islands last year and I was hooked on this drink. I was soo sad when I came home and no one knew how to make it. YOU ROCK!! THis is the best drink ever!! I just wish that the liquor was as cheap here as it is there!!
We just returned from a cruise of the Southern Carribean and stopped by a tiny corner bar and had one of these and absolutely loved them - thanks Shawn! He also said "skip the vodka - rum, rum and more rum!". He also swirled chocolate syrup in the cup before filling with the cocktail! Yummy! As the Happy Buzzard says - A Day Without a Buzz is a Day That Never Wuzz!