1/1 Photo of Bushwacker
Marty Fredericks's Note:
Every island in the Caribbean has its own "special" drink, and here in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, it is the "Bushwacker." Every bartender on island knows how to make them, and there are some variations, but this is the standard recipe. Tastes just like a chocolate milkshake...but be careful! It ain't no milkshake! Ever heard of a "virgin" drink? A "virgin" Bushwacker is a glass of ICE!! Haha! Multiply ingredients by the number of drinks you want. This recipe will make one drink.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 ounce rum (Cruzan is the best, but use whatever brand you have)
- 1/2 ounce vodka (any brand)
- 1/2 ounce Baileys Irish Cream (or a similar off-brand name)
- 1/2 ounce Kahlua (or a coffee flavored off-brand name)
- 1/2 ounce amaretto liqueur (any brand)
- 1/2 ounce chococo chocolate-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Frangelico (I recommend it) (optional)
- 1/2 ounce creme de coconut (a MUST - "Coco Lopez" is best)
- 1 cup crushed ice (more or less to make the proper consistency)
- 3 dashes of grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1Put everything, except nutmeg, whipped cream and cherries in a blender and use enough ice that when blended will be the consistency of a milkshake.
- 2Blend, pour into glasses, and top with whipped cream, a cherry, and a couple dashes of grated nutmeg.
- 4But use caution!
- 5They taste like there is no alcohol in them and most people have a tendency to get"bushwacked!"
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bushwacker
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 20.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
creme de coconut