Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very hearty chili,it can be served with either cornbread or crackers.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 small green pepper (chopped)
- 2 (16 ounce) cansbush's dark red kidney beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cansbush's pinto beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cansbush's black beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- shredded cheese (to garnish)
- sour cream (to garnish)
- Brown ground beef in heavy dutch oven or soup pot.
- Add chili powder while browning and mix in well.
- Add onion and pepper to meat and brown for 2 minutes.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except for cheese and sour cream.
- Simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese and dollop of sour cream.
Awesome recipe I add chorizo instead and always make the day before. Always better the second day.