Recipe by Outta Here
A bush tomato is an Australian native berry related to the tomato. Sun-dried tomatoes can be subbed. Dampers are usually baked in one loaf, like soda bread, but these are shaped into rounds like American biscuits.
Top Review by Rita~
We enjoyed these very easy to make biscuits with butter. I ground my bush tomatoes but only had 1/2 ounce. I did roll the dough thinner to make serving of 8 biscuits. Made for Australia ZWT #8 Ta Cheers
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 ounce Bush Tomatoes or 1 ounce sun-dried tomato, soaked to soften
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and baking powder together into a bowl.
- Add salt, sugar and butter, and mix with fingers until crumbly.
- Add milk and tomatoes and mix.
- Allow to rest 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll dough out about 1 1/4 inch thick and cut into 8 rectangles or circles. Place on baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.