Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Source: by Chef John Reilly, Food Director, Busch Gardens - 13News Lunchbreak Tuesday, May 15, 2001 Busch Gardens uses this bread as a bowl for their Irish Stew. This bread is awesome! They shape it into bread bowls that end up being about 6" in diameter and they are filling enough to feed two with the stew served in it. Can't wait to try this!
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl, except raisins, and mix with paddle until incorporated.
- Add raisins and mix for one minute more. Mixture is very soft.
- Place mixture on well-floured surface and form into 2 equal round dough balls.
- Place on either parchment paper or lightly greased sheet pan.Press top of dough down slightly and score or cut a cross on top of dough 1/2 to 3/4 inches into dough.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Let cool and serve. Makes 4 servings easy per round if sliced and served.
Easy recipe to make. I thought it odd that there was no "soda" in this soda bread? It was lacking that "soda" flavor, but the texture was good. I skiped the raisins/currants, but used the caraway, which we love in soda bread. Made for My 3 Chefs game.