Burst-Of-Lime Ginger Cake
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan with baking spray; set aside. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger; set aside. Beat 2 eggs, the milk and molasses in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended; set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup softened margarine and 1/3 cup sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture alternately with the milk mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended, stopping occasionally to scrape side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan.
- Filling: Place cream cheese, 1 teaspoon lime peel, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 egg, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in small bowl; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Spoon over batter in pan; top with remaining batter.
- Bake 1 hour, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 45 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely. Cut into 12 slices.
- Sauce: Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in medium saucepan. Gradually add water, stirring with wire whisk until well blended. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons margarine, 1 teaspoon lime peel and 2 tablespons lime juice until well blended. Serve sauce warm drizzled over the cake slices.