Recipe by Chef Bonnie Victoria
That's what my colleagues call it! I make this for an office potluck in my office for 80+ people and they all vanished within minutes. No one is prepared for an innocent looking cherry tomatoes bursting out flavors and aroma within! It's good as a side dish or appetizers... make sure you have plenty to go around!! You can do the stuffing ahead, just plonk them in the fridge and use whenever you want! Of course, you can use regular tomatoes if cherry tomatoes is too dainty for you!
- 40 cherry tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup corned beef or 1⁄2 cup bacon bits
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons spring onions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons condensed mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut top off each tomato.
- Scoop out pulp, drain juice and finely chop the remaining pulp.
- Invert tomatoes on paper towels to drain.
- Finely chopped onions, mushrooms and spring onion.
- Saute onion in butter till transparent.
- Add italian herbs.
- Add beef / bacon then mushrooms, saute till fragrant.
- Stir in breadcrumbs, seasoning and reserved tomato pulp.
- Add sour cream.
- Remove from pan, mix in chopped spring onion. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Fill stuffing into tomatoes over the brim.
- Sprinkle cheese generously over tomatoes. Arrange tomatoes closely, side by side, on baking tray so that it won't tumble.
- Bake uncovered for 5-10 mins until cheese melts.