1/1 Photo of Burst of Flavors Mushroom Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes Baked W.cheese
Chef Bonnie Victoria's Note:
That's what my colleagues call it! I make this for an office potluck in my office for 80+ people and they all vanished within minutes. No one is prepared for an innocent looking cherry tomatoes bursting out flavors and aroma within! It's good as a side dish or appetizers... make sure you have plenty to go around!! You can do the stuffing ahead, just plonk them in the fridge and use whenever you want! Of course, you can use regular tomatoes if cherry tomatoes is too dainty for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 40 cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup corned beef or 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons spring onions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons condensed mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- fresh parsley (optional)
- 1Cut top off each tomato.
- 2Scoop out pulp, drain juice and finely chop the remaining pulp.
- 3Invert tomatoes on paper towels to drain.
- 4Finely chopped onions, mushrooms and spring onion.
- 5Saute onion in butter till transparent.
- 6Add italian herbs.
- 7Add beef / bacon then mushrooms, saute till fragrant.
- 8Stir in breadcrumbs, seasoning and reserved tomato pulp.
- 9Add sour cream.
- 10Remove from pan, mix in chopped spring onion. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- 11Fill stuffing into tomatoes over the brim.
- 12Sprinkle cheese generously over tomatoes. Arrange tomatoes closely, side by side, on baking tray so that it won't tumble.
- 13Bake uncovered for 5-10 mins until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burst of Flavors Mushroom Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes Baked W.cheese
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 199.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian herb seasoning