Recipe by Geema
Have you ever had a nice warm cherry tomato just burst in your mouth with sweet juices? If not, you have a real treat in store for you when you try this recipe. It's so simple, but sometimes that's the very best way to enjoy a vegetable.
Top Review by chia
this was fabulous and the flavor does "burst in your mouth"! i used both olive oil and butter to saute the tomatoes, added the fresh basil, grated sea salt and pepper, omitted the sugar. the simple prep lets the freshness shine through
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes, washed and stemmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, cut into chiffonade
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or skillet, heat the oil or butter on medium heat.
- Add little tomatoes and cook, stirring for about 2 or 3 minutes just until hot, but not so long that the skins burst or wrinkle.
- Season with salt and sugar.
- Remove from heat and serve sprinkled with fresh basil.