Recipe by Codychop
My husband had this burrito at a local restaurant and loved it, so he re-created this recipe. It's wonderfully filling and still not heavy and meaty like other burritos.
Top Review by lazyme
Delicious! This was simple to prepare and each of the ingredients worked very well together. The salsa added just the right touch both for taste and for the great color combinations. Thanks for posting this Codychop, and please tell your husband to post more delicious creations!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups pico de gallo
- 4 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the green bell pepper and onion into a large dice.
- Fry in the oil with the minced garlic over med-high heat.
- Meanwhile, dice the tomato.
- When the peppers and onions are soft (about 15 min.) add the tomato.
- Season with salt and pepper and put the mixture aside in a bowl.
- Add a little more oil to the pan if necessary and scramble your 6 eggs, cook over med-high heat stirring constantly.
- Heat up your tortillas in the microwave individually as you assemble the burritos.
- To assemble: Put 1/4 of the scrambled eggs on the tortilla, sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, cover with the pepper/onion mix (we liked about 3/4 cup) and roll up.
- It will be huge. This is a knife and fork burrito for sure!
- Sauce with about 1/3- 1/2 cup pico de gallo and serve with pinto beans on the side. Yummy!