Recipe by LainieBug
from TOH Simple & Delicious magazine
Top Review by Chef PotPie
Lainies know! I made this for PAC Spring 2010. I used ground turkey instead of beef, just what I always do, added some red pepper flakes for heat (for hubby), and smeared them with lowfat sour cream and some salsa. Served on a bed of shredded lettuce. YUMMY! Leftovers were eaten by hubby this morning topped with fried eggs. He left the house a happy man! DeeLish!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 15 ounces chili with beans
- 1 1⁄4 cups chunky salsa
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed (8-inch size)
- 8 slices processed American cheese
- 8 teaspoons taco sauce (this is a guesstimate, use the amount you want)
- 1⁄4 head shredded lettuce (this is a guesstimate, use the amount you want)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain off fat.
- To meat mixture, add canned chili, salsa, and green chilies. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful of beef mixture off-center on each tortilla. Top each with a slice of cheese; roll up.
- Serve with taco sauce and lettuce if desired.