Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
from TOH Simple & Delicious magazine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 15 ounces chili with beans
- 1 1⁄4 cups chunky salsa
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed (8-inch size)
- 8 slices processed American cheese
- 8 teaspoons taco sauce (this is a guesstimate, use the amount you want)
- 1⁄4 head shredded lettuce (this is a guesstimate, use the amount you want)
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain off fat.
- To meat mixture, add canned chili, salsa, and green chilies. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful of beef mixture off-center on each tortilla. Top each with a slice of cheese; roll up.
- Serve with taco sauce and lettuce if desired.
Lainies know! I made this for PAC Spring 2010. I used ground turkey instead of beef, just what I always do, added some red pepper flakes for heat (for hubby), and smeared them with lowfat sour cream and some salsa. Served on a bed of shredded lettuce. YUMMY! Leftovers were eaten by hubby this morning topped with fried eggs. He left the house a happy man! DeeLish!
This was a true hit with our family. I wasn't sure that it was going to taste truly "burrito like", but it did and was excellent. This is so much easier than the normal way I make burritos and was paired perfectly with Spanish rice, refried beans with queso and salad. It will surely be made often as we love our Mexican food. Thank you LainieBug! Made for PAC Spring 2014.
This recipe was really good tasting and quick to make. I didn't put the beans because I don't like them but it was still yummy. Lainie's know what they're doing ;-)