Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like classic burritos this recipe is for you!
Make and share this Burritos Grande recipe from Food.com.
- 6 dried ancho chiles
- 1⁄3 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork butt
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- sour cream
- salsa fresca
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Stem chilies.
- Place in a blender or food processor and whirl until finely ground.
- Add tequila, lemon juice, 1/4 cup water, garlic, olive oil, oregano and 3/4 t. salt.
- Whirl until smooth.
- Cut meat across the grain in1/2 inch thick and 3-4 inch long slices.
- Pour marinade into a freezer bag and add meat.
- Press out air and seal.
- Marinate for 24 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- On a cutting board lay parallel about 2 inches apart 2 metal skewers.
- Lift meat from marinade-I prefer to use a colander over a large bowl.
- Thread meat strips onto a pair of skewers.
- You will have 2 or 3 double skewers, depending on the length of your skewers.
- Cook on grill for about 20 minutes-you want the meat well browned and a little crusty.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan over high heat bring 3/4 cup water, rice, tomato sauce and remaining salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes-check to make sure rice isn't sticking.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat pour in beans with their liquid.
- Allow to simmer, stirring a few times to prevent sticking.
- Remove meat from grill and cover with foil.
- Heat tortillas on grill, about 2 minutes.
- To Assemble:.
- Remove meat from skewers.
- Cut into 1/4 inch wide strips.
- Lay tortillas flat.
- Put equal amounts of meat, rice, beans (lift out of pan with slotted spoon), guacamole, sour cream, salsa fresca and cilantro.
- Fold envelope style and serve.
- Prep and cooking times do not reflect marinating time.