Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like classic burritos this recipe is for you!
Make and share this Burritos Grande recipe from Food.com.
- 6 dried ancho chiles
- 1⁄3 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork butt
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- sour cream
- salsa fresca
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Stem chilies.
- Place in a blender or food processor and whirl until finely ground.
- Add tequila, lemon juice, 1/4 cup water, garlic, olive oil, oregano and 3/4 t. salt.
- Whirl until smooth.
- Cut meat across the grain in1/2 inch thick and 3-4 inch long slices.
- Pour marinade into a freezer bag and add meat.
- Press out air and seal.
- Marinate for 24 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- On a cutting board lay parallel about 2 inches apart 2 metal skewers.
- Lift meat from marinade-I prefer to use a colander over a large bowl.
- Thread meat strips onto a pair of skewers.
- You will have 2 or 3 double skewers, depending on the length of your skewers.
- Cook on grill for about 20 minutes-you want the meat well browned and a little crusty.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan over high heat bring 3/4 cup water, rice, tomato sauce and remaining salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes-check to make sure rice isn't sticking.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat pour in beans with their liquid.
- Allow to simmer, stirring a few times to prevent sticking.
- Remove meat from grill and cover with foil.
- Heat tortillas on grill, about 2 minutes.
- To Assemble:.
- Remove meat from skewers.
- Cut into 1/4 inch wide strips.
- Lay tortillas flat.
- Put equal amounts of meat, rice, beans (lift out of pan with slotted spoon), guacamole, sour cream, salsa fresca and cilantro.
- Fold envelope style and serve.
- Prep and cooking times do not reflect marinating time.