If you like classic burritos this recipe is for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 dried ancho chiles
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 lbs pork butt
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- sour cream
- salsa fresca
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Stem chilies.
- 2Place in a blender or food processor and whirl until finely ground.
- 3Add tequila, lemon juice, 1/4 cup water, garlic, olive oil, oregano and 3/4 t. salt.
- 4Whirl until smooth.
- 5Cut meat across the grain in1/2 inch thick and 3-4 inch long slices.
- 6Pour marinade into a freezer bag and add meat.
- 7Press out air and seal.
- 8Marinate for 24 hours.
- 9Prepare grill.
- 10On a cutting board lay parallel about 2 inches apart 2 metal skewers.
- 11Lift meat from marinade-I prefer to use a colander over a large bowl.
- 12Thread meat strips onto a pair of skewers.
- 14You will have 2 or 3 double skewers, depending on the length of your skewers.
- 15Cook on grill for about 20 minutes-you want the meat well browned and a little crusty.
- 16Meanwhile in a medium saucepan over high heat bring 3/4 cup water, rice, tomato sauce and remaining salt to a boil.
- 17Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes-check to make sure rice isn't sticking.
- 18In a small sauce pan over low heat pour in beans with their liquid.
- 19Allow to simmer, stirring a few times to prevent sticking.
- 20Remove meat from grill and cover with foil.
- 21Heat tortillas on grill, about 2 minutes.
- 22To Assemble:.
- 23Remove meat from skewers.
- 24Cut into 1/4 inch wide strips.
- 25Lay tortillas flat.
- 26Put equal amounts of meat, rice, beans (lift out of pan with slotted spoon), guacamole, sour cream, salsa fresca and cilantro.
- 27Fold envelope style and serve.
- 28Prep and cooking times do not reflect marinating time.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burritos Grande
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1233.3
- Calories from Fat 499
- Total Fat 55.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 146.9 mg
- Sodium 2240.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 58.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: