Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Uses frozen burritos, or you could substitute your own. In a pinch, I've also used canned enchilada sauce, but it's better homemade! I use El Pato Mexican tomato sauce. If I have it on hand, I use queso fresco in addition to the shredded cheese.
- 10 small frozen burritos (your favorite flavor)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon arbol chile, powder (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced olives
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth, then gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook until thickened. Add tomato sauce, chili powder(s), garlic powder, bouillon, cumin, and salt. Simmer about 5 minutes more.
- Place frozen burritos in a lightly greased 13x9 pan. Pour sauce over burritos. Top with cheese, olives and green onions.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes.