Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious sounding burrito recipe. It sounds super easy, with only 9 ingredients to it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium chopped green pepper
- 1 can warm refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded lettuce
- Brown meat; drain.
- Add salsa and green pepper; mix.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice; cover. Reduce to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat beans up to warm.
- Spread beans down center of tortillas.
- Top evenly with meat mixture, cheese and lettuce.
- Serve with sour cream.
This is one of my favorite recipes. It came from a Kraft magazine but they don't have it on their website any longer. I am so glad it is posted here because I couldn't find mine anywhere. I make this using leftover rice. It is so easy, so delicious and quite versatile. It can be made hotter or milder, depending on the salsa you use. It is a reglar in our "fun food Friday" line up!