Why didn't I ever think about making something this fast when I was hungry instead of going out to eat? To make it faster, just use already prepared salsa instead of making your own. Recipe courtesy of McCall's Cooking School.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 28 ounces tomatoes (whole peeled, drained and chopped)
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped and drained
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1Prepare Salsa: Put tomatoes, onion, chiles, jalapeno peppers, garlic, salt, pepper, and chili powder in a bowl. Mix well and cover. Let stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes to let flavor develop. Makes 2 1/2 cups salsa.
- 2Preheat oven to 350. Make Burritos: Put butter in a 10 inch skillet and heat over moderately high heat.
- 3When hot, add onion and saute, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until onion is golden brown. Remove skillet from heat.
- 4Add undrained green chiles and refried beans to onion in skillet. Using a wooden spoon, stir bean mixture until ingrediens are thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- 5Separate tortillas and spread one with about 1/4 cup of the bean mixture.
- 6Top bean mixture on tortilla with about 2 tablespoons of the shredded cheese and 2 tablespoons of the salsa.
- 7Fold one side of tortilla over the filling to the center, then fold opposite side over. Repeat with remaining tortillas until all are filled.
- 8Arrange tortillas in a single layer, seam side down, in a 12x8x2 inch baking dish.
- 9Sprinkle remaining cheese down center of tortillas (You can also prepare recipe this far up to a day in advance and then cover and chill the burritos until you are ready to bake them).
- 10Place dish of burritos in preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 11Remove from oven and spoon remaining salsa along each side of the melted cheese. Garnish with sliced radishes and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burritos Con Queso (Mexican Burritos With Cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.3
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 861.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 21.3 g