Recipe by JacksonRoykirk
If you are looking for a simple way to make delicious burritos and don't know how to make them, this is the recipe for you. This recipe will make enough burritos for the family and have left overs for more later. These are great with Tortilla chips
Top Review by travelex01
This is a good recipe for it's simplicity - for a really simple beef burrito recipe I've not found one to beat this one from Old El Paso - http://www.oldelpaso.co.uk/mexican-recipes/Chilli-beef-burritos.htm
- 8 (12 inch) flour tortillas (12 inch, the bigger the better)
- 1 cup rice (enough for 8 portions )
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans or 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 lb sirloin steaks or 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagemccormack taco seasoning (for ground beef) or 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagemccormick grill mates southwest seasoning (for steak or chicken)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare: If making steak or chicken, marinate meat in a ziplock bag overnight in the refrigerator. Follow the directions on the packet.
- Cook rice - I use parboiled rice which takes 20 minutes to prepare. Follow directions on the bag.
- While rice is cooking, warm up canned beans.
- If using steak or chicken, cut up steak or chicken into bite size pieces or strips.
- While rice and beans are cooking, cook the meat. If using ground beef, follow the directions on the Taco seasoning packet. If cooking steak or chicken, put the steak or chicken in a cast iron skillet and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Assemble: Heat wraps in microwave until warm (about 20 seconds).
- Put some rice, beans, meat, salsa, shredded cheese in a wrap and wrap it up.
- Put a small amount of olive oil in a clean cast iron skillet and heat to medium.
- Put burrito face down in the skillet and heat for 3 minutes, turn and heat for another 3 minutes.
- Top burrito with sour cream.