Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a lot like a lasagna but Tex-Mex style. It can be make with low fat ingredients and it's very versatile. Quick and easy to fix. I love it. I got the recipe off of all recipes.
- 2 lbs ground beef, seasoned your way
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 12 tortillas or 1 (13 ounce) bagtostitios tortilla chips, crumbled
- 9 ounces shredded colby cheese (Fat Free,if you like)
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- sour cream (low fat,if you like)
- lettuce, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the ground beef for 5 minutes, add the onion, garlic and jalapeño sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Mix in olives, green chilies, tomatoes, taco sauce and refried beans and stir thoroughly, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a 4 quart casserole dish, spread a thin layer of meat mixture on the bottom, cover with a layer of tortillas or crumbled chips, add another layer of meat mixture, then a layer of cheese.
- Repeat tortilla, meat and cheese layers.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with garnish.
Very good My DD#1 is just learning to cook, and she prepared it with very little help. We didn't have any taco sauce on hand, so substituted salsa, dropping gr chilies and jalapenos, and adding extra water to compensate for the loss of moisture from the taco sauce.
Kaccy, this was great! We are huge fans of Tex-Mex and this was perfect for us. I used flour tortillas and taco-blend shredded cheese. I added green onions and garnished as suggested. This will be a keeper for us! Thanks for posting!