This recipe is so wonderful I had to share with everyone! Spicy and delicious - it's like a Mexican Lasagna! Makes a lot of servings and would be great for those Cinco de Mayo parties! From allrecipes.com and Kathi McClaren.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic, and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Drain any excess fat, if desired.
- Mix in the olives, green chile peppers, tomatoes with green chile peppers, taco sauce and refried beans.
- Stir mixture thoroughly, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat mixture in the bottom of a 4 quart casserole dish.
- Cover with a layer of tortillas followed by more meat mixture, then a layer of cheese.
- Repeat tortilla, meat, cheese pattern until all the tortillas are used, topping off with a layer of meat mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.