1/2 Photos of Burrito Pie
This recipe is so wonderful I had to share with everyone! Spicy and delicious - it's like a Mexican Lasagna! Makes a lot of servings and would be great for those Cinco de Mayo parties! From allrecipes.com and Kathi McClaren.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 9 ounces shredded colby cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the onion and garlic, and saute for 5 more minutes.
- 4Drain any excess fat, if desired.
- 5Mix in the olives, green chile peppers, tomatoes with green chile peppers, taco sauce and refried beans.
- 6Stir mixture thoroughly, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 7Spread a thin layer of the meat mixture in the bottom of a 4 quart casserole dish.
- 8Cover with a layer of tortillas followed by more meat mixture, then a layer of cheese.
- 9Repeat tortilla, meat, cheese pattern until all the tortillas are used, topping off with a layer of meat mixture and cheese.
- 10Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burrito Pie
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.5
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 984.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 21.2 g