Southern Lady's Note:
Recipe comes from a well used cut-out from a magazine, but doesn't display name or date of magazine. Serve piping hot on a cold winter day.
My Private Note
Main Di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 lb ground beef (Turkey or Chicken)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies, chopped & drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can refried beans
- 1/3 cup hot taco sauce
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 5 large pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1In 10" skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, fry 1 tortilla at a time, about 30 seconds on each side, until lightly browned and blistered. - I brown mine in less oil, works fine.
- 2With tongs remove tortilla to paper towels to drain.
- 3Discard any unused oil. - If using ground turkey or chicken, I'd leave 1/2 to 1 Tbl of oil to cook meat.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5In same skillet over high heat, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until all pan juices evaporate and meat is well browned, stirring occasionally.
- 6Remove skillet from heat, stir in green chilies, refried beans and taco sauce.
- 7in 9" pie plate, place 1 tortilla; top with one-fourth of bean mixture and cheese; continue layering.
- 8Bake pie for 30 mins or until heated through.
- 9Garnish by sprinkling with sliced lettuce, tomatoes, and olives.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burrito Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.5
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 942.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot taco sauce