Recipe by Concoctionista
I invented this when I wanted to make something with the ingredients that I had, but also wanted something with a depth of flavors. DH thought it was ok and could use more cheese. Oh, well. He doesn't like sloppy joe's at all. But, I thought it was very good.
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dry burrito mix (I used Lawry's)
- 8 -10 hot dog buns, split
- 8 -10 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook sausage and ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add seasonings, tomatoes, salsa.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Burrito seasoning and let cook 10 more minutes.
- Layer cheese inside hot dog rolls.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup onto each roll.