I invented this when I wanted to make something with the ingredients that I had, but also wanted something with a depth of flavors. DH thought it was ok and could use more cheese. Oh, well. He doesn't like sloppy joe's at all. But, I thought it was very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 1/2 ounces dry burrito mix (I used Lawry's)
- 8 -10 hot dog buns, split
- 8 -10 slices American cheese
- 1In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook sausage and ground beef until no longer pink.
- 2Add seasonings, tomatoes, salsa.
- 3Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4Add Burrito seasoning and let cook 10 more minutes.
- 5Layer cheese inside hot dog rolls.
- 6Spoon about 1/2 cup onto each roll.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burrito Joe's
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.2
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 872.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry burrito mix