Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is fantastic, easy and total comfort food.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 0.5 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- Preheat over to 350.
- Brown and crumble the burger, adding onions and peppers about halfway through.
- Add taco mix and water. Let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and mushroom soup in a medium bowl. Spread 1/2 over bottom of casserole dish.
- Rip up 3 tortillas and cover the sour cream mixture.
- Layer 1/2 meat mixture over the tortillas.
- Cover with 1/2 of cheese.
- Repeat layers, and top with salsa before last layer of cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This was very easy and quick to make. Unbelievably the whole family gave it two thumbs up
EASY TO ASSEMBLE. Tasty. Really didn't think the mushroom soup would mix well with Mex flav burritos but its very good. Great casserole to freeze and take to someone in need. Also tastes great with low fat mushroom soup and low fat ground turkey breast. Only thing...my little kids claimed they didn't like it....note however, they are not big fans of casseroles.