Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
A recipe I found on TOH. Very easy to make and tweak to your own tastes.
- 3 cups instant rice
- 3⁄4 cup chunky salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 8 frozen burritos (I use different varieties, bean, beef and bean, red hot, etc)
- 8 ounces cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces black olives, sliced
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- Combine rice, salsa and water in bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Mix in 1/2 of chilis.
- Place burritos on top of rice, top with cheese, remaining chilis and olives.
- Bake 45-55 minutes at 350º.
- Serve with sliced onions, sour cream and more salsa as toppings.
My Husband really loved this! We used spicy beef burritos and I used leftover basmati rice instead of instant rice and just reduced the water a little. Very easy and very taste. The rice ended up tasting a lot like Spanish rice from the restaurants which was great!
this recipe sounded weird, i mean unusual, i mean weird enough to me to try. i am glad i did. the only things i changed was to eiliminate the black olives and use smooth salsa because that is what i had in the house. great results and so easy to make. thanks for posting this recipe.
I had some frozen burritos languishing in the freezer so I decided to try this! It was SO easy and fun to fix (great for when you need something super-fast). The rice was on the dry side (I covered with foil), so I added a bit more at the end and left to stand for a few min. and that solved the problem. I topped with some enchilada sauce and that gave the dish a finishing touch. My husband thanked me for the good dinner so I know I'll be making it again! Thanks Nonnie for posting. Roxygirl