Recipe by looneytunesfan
To complete this main dish, serve burrito wedges topped with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and salsa. Sliced fruit makes an easy dessert.
Top Review by CraftScout
I got this recipe out of Kraft Food and Family magazine, and it certainly is a winner! The first time I made it was the first time I could get my picky picky DD to eat beans, which put it firmly in my permanent collection from that point on. We discovered that the amount of tortillas is a little high, though. After some experimentation, we found the ration we liked was 2 for the bottom, and 1 for each additional layer. Thank you so much for posting this!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup mexican style shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain.
- Add seasoning mix and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- Place 4 of the tortillas on bottom of greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Cover with half each of the refried beans, meat mixture and cheese. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 4 tortillas.
- BAKE 30 minute or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges to serve.